Thu, Feb 01|
Revive Spin & Stretch
February Yoga - Happy Hips (WIRRAL BASED)
Join Victoria for a 60min gentle yoga session. Joint pain is a common side effect of cancer treatments. The hips are the biggest joint in our body and so it is common to feel pain and tightness in that space.
Time & Location
Feb 01, 2024, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Revive Spin & Stretch, 6a Market St, Hoylake, Wirral CH47 2AE, UK
About the event
Ahead Of The Game Foundation brings this class to you fully funded to assist with the struggles that come with every cancer diagnosis. Ambassador Victoria Craven is a vastly experienced breathwork, yoga and pilates coach for those diagnosed with cancer.
Yoga can be beneficial for individuals diagnosed with cancer in various ways:
- * Stress Reduction: A cancer diagnosis can cause immense stress and anxiety. Yoga, with its focus on breathing exercises, meditation, and relaxation techniques, can help reduce stress levels, promoting a sense of calmness and mental wellbeing
- * Physical Wellbeing: Certain yoga poses and gentle movements can help improve flexibility, strength, and balance. These practices can be adapted to suit individual needs, aiding in maintaining physical function and mobility during cancer treatment.
- * Pain Management: Some yoga postures and breathing exercises may assist in alleviating pain and discomfort associated with cancer and its treatments.
- * Improved Sleep: Cancer and its treatments can often disrupt sleep patterns. Yoga relaxation techniques and breathing exercises may help individuals achieve better sleep quality, leading to improved overall wellbeing.
- * Emotional Support: Yoga practices, including mindfulness and meditation, can provide emotional support, helping individuals cope with the emotional challenges that often accompany a cancer diagnosis. It can offer a sense of empowerment and control over one's body and emotions.
- * Enhanced Quality of Life: Engaging in yoga during cancer treatment can contribute to an improved quality of life by fostering a sense of connection, community, and purpose.
FEBRUARY TOPIC - HAPPY HIPS
Joint pain is a common side effect of cancer treatments. The hips are the biggest joint in our body and so it is common to feel pain and tightness in that space. Pain and the feeling of tightness in our hips can change our gait, affect our posture this causing lower back pain, weak core muscles and a whole host of other issues.
In this session we will move very gently and encourage mobility and fluidity in our hips.
* Each class will be available to a maximum of 11 attendees
* First come, first served basis
* Fully funded classes are available to ANY cancer diagnosis & a loved one of their choice!
* Each class will be held at Revive Spin & Stretch, Hoylake, Wirral
* Each class is fully funded by Ahead Of The Game Foundation
Join us for a gentle yoga session that is suitable for all bodies. Whether you are an experienced yogi or it’s your first time on the mat these gentle yoga sessions will leave you feeling relaxed, recharged, and rejuvenated. Each session will incorporate 2 breathwork techniques, joint mobility work and some gentle yoga poses designed to create space and freedom of movement. All practices will end with a guided relaxation.
These are inclusive classes and so options will be given for those who wish to practise in a chair rather than the mat and we use a variety of tools to make the poses more accessible.
** Please note that the yoga studio is above barbettas hair salon and there are 2 flights of stairs to reach the studio room **
- Ticket type
Fully funded ClassPrice£0.00